RCR delivered Calder Park signalling installation works for Metro Trains Melbourne (MTM)
MTM's Bayside Rail project was initiated to deploy X’trapolis trains in the Frankston, Werribee and Williamstown corridor (Cross City Group).
As part of the project the Newport workshop became the designated Train Maintenance Facility for the Cross City facility, providing fleet maintenance. RCR's scope included all work to supply, construct, install and test signalling trackside infrastructure at the Newport Depot including:
- Civil works
- Underground and above-ground main and local cable routes;
- Under-track crossings and under-road crossings;
- Retaining walls;
- Electrical, signalling and communications cabling;
- Trackside Equipment;
- Drainage and miscellaneous civil works;
- CCTV system; and
- Automatic train gates and associated civil and structural works.