The Transport for NSW Chalmers Street Substation project is part of the TfNSW Power Supply Upgrade Program for an inner city/urban site that supplies mission critical power, safety and life critical systems to meet the 2018 timetable deployment and demands.
RCR’s scope included:
- Deliver of new rectifier transformer substation to the Central area
- Improve reliability and redundancy in the network for the supply of emergency services, signalling systems and lighting systems in the City Circle Stations
- Removal of end-of-life expired equipment within the existing Prince Alfred Substation
- Reduce safety risk to personnel and infrastructure that currently co-exist within the existing Prince Alfred Substation
- Achieve regulatory compliance and meet all applicable ASA and Australian Standards