RCR has a strong track record in the delivery of specialist high voltage traction installation projects. In the last seven years, RCR has completed the electrical equipping and commissioning of 15 traction substations making us one of Australia’s most experienced HV rail contractors.
We can offer solutions for single scope installations through to complex multi-discipline turn-key power distribution and traction supply projects inside the rail corridor.
Our team includes specialist high voltage project managers, engineers, supervisors, substation attendants, cable jointers, testers and commissioning staff that have the knowledge and experience necessary to manage complete turnkey substation and High Voltage traction power projects from civil and building works up to full commissioning into service. The services we provide include:
- Distribution cabling and jointing from 33kV to 1500V DC
- HV cable installation and jointing
- Installation of HV traction feeders
- Bonding and earthing
- Civil and Building works
- Transformers and rectifiers
- Supervisory control and protection systems
- Low voltage building services installation
- DC and AC switchgear installation
- Testing and commissioning